Hello Internet People
Let me start out with a disclaimer: The Dietitian Diet is not actually a diet in the traditional sense. I’m here to improve your relationship with food and ditch fad diets! I use evidence-based guidelines and functional nutrition to help you feel your best! I specialize in making busy mommas life a little easier with meal plans, grocery lists and tips. Ask yourself the following…
- Do you want to lose weight, but have tried your share of “quick fix” diets and detoxes?
- Have you tried cutting out a food group (goodbye carbs!) and are you ready to lose weight the healthy way?
- Are you a busy mom who has been eating frozen chicken nuggets with the kids for months/years?
- You may not need to lose weight but need more energy and want to feel better?
- Are you dealing with GI symptoms (gas, bloating, diarrhea) and want relief?
These are all reasons to check out The Dietitian Diet services!
Since we are getting to know each other, let me tell you about my life: I have a full-time job, I am a busy mother of three young kids, a wife to an Oklahoma born meat and potatoes lumberjack type, and I love food. I have struggled with weight in the past and I am just like you! I try to create healthy meals and I work hard to make my family’s health a priority. However, I would not survive without Chick-fil-a. Can I tell you another secret? I eat chocolate and drink wine almost every single day (okay every day), and so can you!
If you have made your way here, you know that I am a dietitian (lol, obviously). I have a graduate degree in Dietetics and an undergraduate degree in Exercise Science. Over the years, I’ve seen countless patients in my office. I have seen people for weight loss, diabetes control, disease management, and a whole list of other things. One day, after noticing several similar struggles with a large majority of my patients, I started writing down some common practices I used to help my clients reach their goals. And, as time went on, I started writing down the reasons why I taught these common practices to give to my clients. As it turns out, I had created what I now call The Dietitian Diet!
The Dietitian Diet Story
As The Dietitian Diet idea grew, it was influenced greatly by all the “diets” that were inundating my inbox, news feeds, and even Instagram advertisements. When I started to do real research into what was trending in the “diet book” world, I was shocked. I went online and searched “best diet books.” To my horror, everything that came up suggested cutting out a food group (fruit, carbs, wheat, dairy) or shredding something (still not sure what that one meant). There were books on fasting, raw foods, eating no fat, eating all fat, eating no sugar, and all sorts of juice cleansing. Hey, I’m all for a good green juice, but for dinner? There was the “quick fix diet”, the “eight hour diet”, the “overnight diet,” and “17 day diet”. But there are very few tools available on how to create lasting changes that can be sustained. There were also few that explained the importance of eating REAL food and listening to your body. Thus, The Dietitian Diet was born.
We have different services that will fit your needs!
1. The Dietitian Diet Ebook. I wrote the fledgling book shortly after my second child was born – it took me YEARS. The book covers 3 weeks of behavior change actions to create a healthier life! It comes with meal plans, recipes and food lists – and is a downloadable ebook format. However, I really wanted it to be more than just a book. I wanted participants to receive my personal attention and get the same message I would be giving to clients in my office. I started to understand that the ebook, accompanied by participants doing the 3 weeks together, was extremely motivating and fun! So, we created the challenge.
2. The Dietitian Diet Challenges. The challenges will help you feel better and are so fun! You will end up with new meal ideas, recipes and awesome at home workouts. I created a daily video for each day of the 3 weeks with my personal notes and opinions. We started running challenges to go with the plan and I also created an online community to help keep participants accountable! The challenges include all of the same information in the book, plus a group of people to encourage you along the way! I email you a daily task and post daily in the private facebook page for more motivation.
3. The Blog. I started the BLOG once I realized that there was much more than weight loss I wanted to talk about! After a few health challenges with my kids and family, I felt the need to share about all things nutrition, and specifically the more functional aspect of treating patients that I use. I absolutely love writing about functional nutrition and love getting feedback about what you’d like to hear! Follow along here.
This has been a labor of love. It probably took longer than it should have. And let me say, it’s not perfect. I hesitated to even put this out here due to all the reasons most people don’t: fear of failure, embarrassment, and internet trolls! What if someone hates this? What if it doesn’t work? What if people are mean to me? What if I actually don’t know what I’m talking about? The horror! But, alas, I decided to be brave and do what I love doing, which is helping my clients to reach their goals and feel better!
Thanks for reading and please get in touch.
Your Dietitian Friend, Kate